Insight A geographic information system (GIS) is a class of databases that includes tools for…
New research from ARC Advisory Group on the geospatial information systems (GIS) market indicates that one of the major factors propelling the market is the growing demand from the government sector at all levels.
September 21, 2022 – Dedham, Massachusetts – New research from the ARC Advisory Group on the Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) Market indicates that one of the major factors propelling the market is the growing demand from the public sector at all levels. Many local, state, and federal governments and military organizations are increasing their investments in GIS technology to improve their infrastructure and security. Government authorities realize the importance of accounting for assets that affect citizens, cities and other entities. Using GIS technology, governments can geographically assess assets quickly and efficiently.
“Geospatial technologies are the underlying foundation of a smart city and are ultimately the fabric upon which a solution can be built. They provide the location, which helps identify the need, so that a The best solution can be applied there.A necessary framework for collecting data and information to facilitate software solutions around smart infrastructure.The increased use of satellite imagery in the military is also intriguing.Different forms satellite imagery are available, and governments can undertake better intelligence studies through GIS technology, and they can also change their assessments and strategies in response to threats,” according to Kiran Chavan, analyst and key author of the ARC’s Geospatial Information Systems Market Research Report.
Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed data on competitive market shares, the report also discusses key market trends as follows:
- Embrace digital technologies
- Advanced analytics
- Bring your own device (BYOD)
- Distributed Energy Resource Management (DERM)
- Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Systems, Advanced Distribution Management Systems (ADMS) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems
- Location technology
- Network complexity
- Ready-to-use GIS offer
- The COVID-19 pandemic
- The uncertainty of the global economy
Key Vendors of Geospatial Information Systems Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC Market study also identifies and positions key vendors in this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of major vendors covered in this analysis includes: Bentley Systems, Esri. Inc, General Electric, Hexagon, SuperMap Software.
About Geospatial Information Systems Research
The Geospatial Information Systems report explores current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies key technology vendors. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modeling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, along with a five-year market forecast and up to 5 years of historical analysis segmented by revenue category, sales channel, global region, industry, service revenue by type, project size .
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budget needs of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot): A standard workbook includes base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook allows licensed users to freely manipulate the data to facilitate analysis of the latest data for business intelligence and to generate custom reports. Available with up to 5 years of historical analysis.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This widescreen presentation format makes it easy to find detailed information about a market. This new format provides executives, business unit managers and other authorized users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with each chart and market data figure. Included is an executive-level summary of current market dynamics, a five-year market forecast and competitive analysis, and an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a full set of charts with associated analysis.
For more information on this and other ARC market research available, please visit our Data and market research section.
About the ARC Advisory Group
ARC Advisory Group is the leading market research and consulting company for industry, infrastructure and smart cities. ARC analysts have the industry knowledge and first-hand experience to help clients find the best answers.
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read other interesting articles.